Isaiah 27:12-1312 In that day the LORD will thresh from the flowing Euphrates to the Wadi of Egypt, and you, O Israelites, will be gathered up one by one.
13 And in that day a great trumpet will sound. Those who were perishing in Assyria and those who were exiled in Egypt will come and worship the LORD on the holy mountain in Jerusalem.
The Lord, in the Bible gives us two witnesses in the physical realm that genetic memory may play a role on how He will accomplish this task of gathering the Israelites of the House of Ephraim or 10 Northern tribes or House of Israel in the end times.
I. The first witness is:
John 10:16 — And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
The sheep of the other fold are not the Jews that He is talking to at that time. The other fold are the scattered House of Ephraim in the nations all over the world, that one day will hear His voice and will become Christians, as the Bible calls them in Acts 11:26 –“And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.”
Now, if the Christians or House of Ephraim are not there in Haaretz at the time, that Yeshua came in the flesh, how are they going to know His voice if they never heard it before?
In the physical world Yeshua’s voice is the Word of God, the Bible. And Yeshua asks of all of us to take the Bible to the entire world in:
Mark 16: 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
All these scattered sheep of Eprhaim or future Christians must have heard the voice of Yeshua, the Word of God, sometime in the past, to be able to recognize it and follow our Pastor.
John 10:5 NIV–But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”
John 10:27– My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
Our ancestor the Israelites, were called by YHVH to hear His physical voice in Horeb, 3,600 years ago. That was the time when YHVH gives us the written Word, The first five books of the Bible.
- Deuteronomy 5:1-6
- 1 And Moses called all Israel, and said to them: “Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your hearing today, that you may learn them and be careful to observe them.
- 2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
- 3 The Lord did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us, those who are here today, all of us who are alive.
- 4 The Lord talked with you face to face on the mountain from the midst of the fire.
- 5 I stood between the Lord and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the Lord; for you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up the mountain. He said:
- 6 ‘I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Is it possible that the Word of YHVH was imprinted in our DNA, in our genes at that time, and were passed down from generation to generation?
Fear makes a memory to be recorded faster and to last longer in our brains. The thunder, smoking and lightning was a pretty scary scene for the Israelites, to the point that they ask Moses to be the intermediary between them and YHVH, so they will not die.
Moses told our ancestors not to fear that YHVH would want to hurt us, but to have the proper fear of reverence and awe for Who He is and what He does, to help us remember and not sin.
Exodus 20:20 NKJ –And Moses said to the people, “Do not fear; for God has come to test you, and that His fear may be before you, so that you may not sin.”
Could it be that we recognize the voice of Y’shua, when we hear others preach the Word of YHVH, because we carry a memory of the Bible in our genes from our ancestors that were in Horeb?
II. the second witness in the Bible where YHVH may have recorded in our genes His Words, in this case the law. (Also is the first five books of the Bible)
- Romans 2:14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
- 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
- 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.
In the physical world, the Lord tell us that He has written the law, which is His Word, in the heart of all the people that do not have access to the Bible to read it or know it. Paul tells us that is written in the heart, because is in the heart that we “feel”. If we are happy, exited or sad our brains secretes cortisol, and stimulates the adrenal glands in the kidneys to secrete nor-epinephrine and epinephrine that also stimulates our heart to beat faster and stronger…so we feel it in the heart.
But we now know that for information to be transmitted from one generation to the next has to go through DNA, the genes. So we think that the Lord is saying through Paul, that He has imprinted the law in the DNA of all human beings. (That is the first five books of the Bible)
Why are we looking at the physical in a Bible study regarding the calling of Ephraim back to Haaretz?
When YHVH gives the promise to Abraham of his numerous descendants, Abraham like many of us spiritualized the promise, like if it was not a physical promise. He asks YHVH if it is thru his servant Eliezer of Damascus that Abraham would have his progeny.
And YHVH immediately corrects Abraham, stating that His promise is a physical one.
- Genesis 15:4 And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.”
- 5 Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.”
- 6 And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.
We do the same; many think that the Christians are only spiritually descendants of the House of Ephraim. And can not see that many are actually physical descendants even if by one drop of DNA.
Let’s review DNA to see if we can understand how the Lord, may have imprinted His Sacred Word in our genes. And How the Christians may remember that they are Israelites or Ephramites in the physical realm.
DNA is a book of instructions on the way that person is going to look and function. This book has a four letter alphabet: adenine (A), and thymine (T). guanine (G), and cytosine (C). These four letters exclusively pair the A with the T only, and the G with the C only. In this way they form base pairs, and depending on their sequence, they spell “the words” in the genes to instruct the cells on how to make a human being, as well as to dictate all its functions.
- DNA structure
We call this book the human genome and contains about 3 billion base pairs (bp) of DNA in 46 chromosomes (22 autosome pairs + 2 sex chromosomes).
Click on DNA structure below, to see a short clip on it.
•Genes are pockets of DNA that make up the chromosomes in the nucleus of all cells. They store the information necessary for each cell to develop into the specialized cell it should be: bone, muscle, brain, eye, skin etc.
•Even though each cell has all the chromosomes and genes, each cell does not become a full human being. This is because the genes are turned off, those that are not necessary for that cell. For example, the genes in the neurons only have turn on the genes necessary to make a neuron. The genes that determine the muscle cells, or skin cell are turn off in the neuron, even though the neuron contains all the information to make any cell in the body.
•In the year 2003, Dr. Francis Collins (an evangelical Christian) and his team told the world that the human genome had been completely decoded. In other words, all the sequence of the letters in DNA of the 46 human chromosomes had been determine, and now we can read the book of our DNA.
- So, using sophisticated machines such as the new “Affymetrix® Genome-Wide Human SNP Array 6.0” we can read the book of DNA of each one of us and check more than 1.8 million markers for genetic variation.
- Genes for memory had been identified using this machine, in human Chromosome #5 and #20, for example.
- We have not been able to find acquired memory genes that can pass the information of our ancestors to the next generation. But this is a relatively new science and continues to grow the information available as time passes by.
- Is there a case in nature where the information or memory of one generations has been passed down to the next, and the next, without those generations remembering the memory, and then all of the suddenly comes a fourth generation that can remember?
- I. Witness number one. The Lord has given us the Monarch Butterfly migration as an example in nature that displays this specific question of genetic memory.
The Monarch butterfly, goes thru four stages of development:
- Egg ======> Caterpillar =====> Pupa =====> Butterfly
- And has about four generations in 1 year:
- 1) March-April: first generation lives 2-6 weeks. The butterfly mates, lays eggs and dies in the same area where it was borne. It never migrates.
- 2) May-June: second generation lives 2-6weeks. The butterfly mates, lays eggs and dies in the same area where it was borne. It never migrates.
- 3) July-August: third generation lives 2-6 weeks. The butterfly mates, lays eggs and dies in the same area where it was borne. It never migrates.
- 4) September to March: something happens and this fourth generation lives 6-8 months… As soon as the butterfly feels that is the fall, it does not mate and migrates south to Mexico, to the same area that its great, great grandparents went, four generations ago. This butterfly can remember the way to this wintering place in Mexico, even though, her parents, grandparents and great grandparents never made the journey. But the genes that guide the fourth generation on her migration to the same trees in Mexico, were passed down to her in a dormant state for four generations. And then as soon as the fall comes, the position of the sun in the sky awakens about forty dormant genes of her DNA, turn on the GPS in her brain and guided by the antennas with the relative position of the sun in the sky, and they migrate to the place where they will sleep for a few months, since they can not survive the winter place of their original birthplace, North America.
- In February, the dormant butterflies in the trees of Mexico wakeup and mate; then they start their way back to USA, to the same places, where they were born. They lay eggs and by March the cycle of the four generations of the Monarch butterfly starts again.
- The first time that we heard of the Monarch Butterfly was in North Carolina at the Altapass apple orchard, in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- They have a Monarch Conservation Project with the typical milkweed plants necessary for the butterfly’s larva to thrive on. They tagged the fourth generation butterflies and have recovered them in Mexico.
- Everyone is welcome, and as we pick apples…we can hear the amazing information about the genetic memory depicted in the migration of the Monarch Butterfly:
“Monarchs west of the Rocky Mountains travel to small groves of trees along the California coast. Those east of the Rocky Mountains fly farther south to the forests high in the mountains of Mexico. The monarch’s migration is driven by seasonal changes. Daylength and temperature changes influence the movement of the Monarch.”
“In all the world, no butterflies migrate like the Monarchs of North America. They travel much farther than all other tropical butterflies, up to three thousand miles. They are the only butterflies to make such a long, two way migration every year. Amazingly, they fly in masses to the same winter roosts, often to the exact same trees..”
“However, unlike birds and whales, individuals only make the round-trip once. It is their children’s grandchildren that return south the following fall.”
We hope that you take the time to watch this 2 ½ minute video, (copy and paste). You will witness the Magnificence of Abba Father’s creation. You will rejoice with Him with one of the most astounding miracles of His universe.
II. Is there a second witness that the Lord has left for us in nature that acquired memory may be inherited?
In 2009, Dr. Larry Feig and his team of researchers at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, MA, conducted a set of experiments on mice and memory. This research demonstrates the effects of a mother’s environment on the learning and memory of her offspring. This experiment shows that acquired memory in the mom mice can be transmitted to her offspring. You may read about it:
- In another note, when people experience memories of having lived that moment in the past, sometimes they are confused and call it:
(1) Déjà vu or
(2) The Hindus may call it reincarnation.
- Déjà vu is believed to be an example of familiarity-based recognition—during déjà vu, we are convinced that we recognize the situation, but we are not sure why… May be it was a genetic memory passed from our ancestor that was awaken when we visited that place, or smell that perfume etc.
- The Hindus sometimes remember something that happened in another life, so they think that they have lived before, and now they just re-incarnated. Again, it could be that the memory is a genetic one of one of their ancestors, passed down in a dormant state and awaken in this generation.———————————————————————————-
- Concluding: after so many generations of the 10 northern tribes, scattered through out the world, and without remembering who they are…One generation may come, where these memories stored in the genes of the cells of the brain that had been off for many generations, then will be turn on:
- 1) They hear the Word of God and become Biblical Christians.
- 2) REMEMBER who they are.
- 3) Return to Haaretz.
- The trigger that the Lord uses to turn on that genetic memory is usually the Word of God (the voice of Yeshua); but other times the trigger for that ancient memory may be the Torah, the land of Israel, the love for the Jews, the Hebrew language, the shofar, the music, the dances, the Feasts of the Lord or even Shabbat.
Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
Shalom BeHaShem Yeshua,
Alex Perdomo M.D., and
Georgina Chan Perdomo M.D.
- P.S. Watch for upcoming Genetic memory part II:
- Which DNA tests are available to help us build the DNA database, so we in the future may identify genetic markers for the House of Ephraim, as many have already been identified in 165,000 brothers of the house of Judah, like the Cohenim genetic marker of the Y-Chromosome of the Levite tribe.
- 1) Y- Chromosome genetic markers in males.
- 2) Mitochondrial DNA (mt-Dna) genetic markers: males and females.