In the Bible YHVH has established the identification of the Israelites and the tribes through the paternal line.
“Numbers 1:1 Now the Lord spoke to Moses in the Wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of meeting, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they had come out of the land of Egypt, saying: 2 “Take a census of all the congregation of the children of Israel, by their families, by their fathers’ houses, according to the number of names, every male individually,”
In the Etz Yoseph project, we will test 37 genetic markers of the Y-chromosome of those males that believe that they are Israelites by faith. This test will tell us which geographical group the individual belongs to, by determining the Y- Haplogroup. It may confirm if that person has Jewish ancestors by comparing our 37- genetic markers with those of the 169,000 Jews that have already been tested by Family Tree DNA. With this test, we will not be able to tell at the present time which tribe each of us belongs to. But we will be contributing to the process of identifying the twelve tribes of Israel by building up the DNA data base for future identification.
The hope is that as we compare the 37-markers in the Y-Chromosome of those people that believe that they belong to the Israelites, that we will be able to identify something different and specific in the Y chromosome for each tribe.
If you are a female, the DNA test can be done on your paternal brother, paternal cousin, paternal uncle, paternal grandfather or your father. They all have the same Y-Chromosome. Males have one Y-chromosome and one X-chromosome. Females have two X chromosomes and do not have the Y-Chromosome; they still carry 23 chromosomes of their father, which makes ½ of a woman’s DNA makeup identical to her dad’s genetic makeup. So you would belong to the same tribe as your Dad.
Now before a person does the Y-Chromosome 37-marker test, we need each person to answer the following five questions, that have to do with your genetic memory awakening, your belief of belonging to Messiah Yeshua first, then to Israel, then to one of the twelve tribes.
1) Do you believe that Messiah Yeshua is the Savior of the World and have you submitted to His lordship under the light of the Word of YHVH?
2) Do you believe that you are a physical descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
3) If your answer to question (2) was no, do you believe that in some manner by faith in Messiah Yeshua you have become Abraham’s seed? (Gal 3:16)
4) Regarding the present division of Israel, do you feel that you are from the stick of Judah and his companions of Israel, or from the stick of Joseph which is in the hands of Ephraim and his companions of Israel?
5) If you had to pick a tribal gate of the original twelve tribes to enter into the New Jerusalem, which one would you pick? You can see the characteristics of the twelve tribes in the Bible when you read the blessings given to the twelve tribes by Jacob in Genesis 48-49 and Moses in Deuteronomy 33.
We should be able to see in our lives the same blessings to distinguish us for each tribe. The gifts of the Lord are irrevocable and pass down to future generations, contingent on obedience to The Word of God, which is the Bible.
“For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable” (Romans 11:29).
“And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God” (Deuteronomy 28:2).
Check the archives for articles that will give you more information about DNA and the 12 Tribes of Israel! You will also find instructions on how to order the Y-37 DNA Test.
We welcome you to this project. Happy Tribe hunting!
Alex C. Perdomo MD
Georgina Chan Perdomo MD
P. S. Thank you for your input! We all benefit from knowing what the rest of the remnant is thinking. We will answer all e-mails in time.
If anyone wants to leave their thoughts, then you need to click in “logged in”, which is under “Leave a Reply” at the end of the articles posted; then click on “Register”, then you register for this site and they will send to your e-mail address your personal password so you can leave a reply…
Hope to hear from many of you,
Shalom, Alex & Georgina